Our world is crying out for compassion. Can you hear it? What would happen if compassion began with us, I wonder? Would it make a difference? I think it would. Compassion is like a bright sun, lighting up the worlds around us.
So when I found this Compassion exercise in an Avatar brochure, I knew I’d share it with you. It’s meant to be done for a stranger, wherever people congregate.
Pick a person in the crowd. Someone you don’t know. Complete all five steps on the same person. With your complete attention on the person, repeat each sentence to yourself, one by one.
- Just like me, this person is seeking some happiness for his/her life.
- Just like me, this person is trying to avoid suffering in his/her life.
- Just like me, this person has known sadness, loneliness and despair.
- Just like me, this person is seeking to fulfill his/her needs.
- Just like me, this person is learning about life.
That’s it. That’s all there is to it.
And while you’re thinking about compassion:
Have you liked A Healing Spirit’s Facebook Page? I’d love for you to.
Also, sign up up for our every-so-often newsletter at the bottom at the
newsletter page to keep up with the latest services and support for healing.
Yes, those are live links. Thank you!