By popular demand, here’s the recipe for delicious, nutritious, crispy kale chips. A healthy holiday snack that my husband loves to munch on as he watches football.
I like that they satisfy our need for crunch and our salt craving. Just don’t use too much salt.
- 1 bunch kale…any kind, curly or flat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoned or sea salt (or less)
Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F . Get out a rimmed cookie sheet. Cover with foil for easy clean up
- Remove the leaves from the thick stems by simply holding the stem and pulling leaves off. Tear into bite size pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner.
- Put leaves in a large bowl. Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning salt.Or sea salt. Mix well, so every leaf is coated. Lay out on cookie sheet, one layer. Do not stack or they won’t crisp up. I used two cookie sheets for one bunch of kale, and put them both in the oven at the same time on different shelves.
- Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, 10 to 15 minutes. Some recipes double this time, but mine were done in 15 minutes.
Crunch away! (sorry for the formatting errors)