Why slave over a hot stove for hours when you can make this easy scallops recipe in minutes? Company-ready and so yummy!
Easy scallops recipe
4 Tablespoons butter
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
(or 2 cubes of frozen garlic)
Juice of one lemon
Pepper and salt
1. Rinse the scallops. Season them as you like with salt and pepper and set aside. I rarely add salt, but love me some pepper.
2. Put 2 Tablespoons of butter in a pan. Add garlic and cook over medium heat until the aroma coming out of your kitchen says “yep, cookin’ garlic!”
I used frozen garlic cubes on this day, but I’ve used fresh garlic as well. It doesn’t matter. Set pan aside for a moment.
3. Put 1 Tablespoon of butter in a different pan and heat over medium high heat. Add the scallops. Turn after about a minute and a half. Scallops cook quickly, usually a total of three minutes, more if they are really fat. Just turn halfway through. Be sure to test at the 3 minute mark: since they aren’t cheap, you don’t want to turn them into rubber balls instead of dinner. I bought a big bag of frozen scallops reasonably priced at Costco.
If you use frozen scallops, as I did, you won’t get a nice, brown sear, but they’ll still be scrumptious. If I were having company, I’d buy fresh.
4. Set the scallops aside in a covered bowl so they stay warm.
5. Heat the garlic-butter sauce until it’s heated through. I added another teaspoon or so of butter, you can add up to 1 more Tablespoon. Add Lemon to taste, just don’t
use more than the juice of one lemon. It’s pretty lemony, so if you want a more buttery sauce, adjust your ingredients.
6. Plate your scallops and pour garlic-butter-lemon sauce over them. They are delicious.
This night I served them over Barillas tomato-veggie spaghetti. You can also serve them over any kind of rice, broccoli and cauliflower or any vegetable, really.
From start to finish, the scallops and sauce took less than 10 minutes. Since I served them over pasta, dinner took me a little longer, but I timed it so my pasta was
cooked around the time the scallops were to come out of the pan.
Voila! Easy scallops recipe. Enjoy!